New Member...Check in

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

springtuckyn
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Re: New Member...Check in

Postby springtuckyn » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:40 pm

hey from Oregon... I used to cruise your board back around 2009, then all hell broke loose. I'm letting it out...

Outsourced and divorced I lost everything but my Sportsman, tools, and guns. All my riding buddies figured they might catch something from me... its weird. I have a passion for riding! anyhow, I see the board is also somewhat quiet over the last few years. I'm just getting back into having a place and have my quad all repaired and ready again... but buddies are gone.. wtf? over.

-Springtuckyn
2005 700 EFI Sportsman CAMO

EigerMike
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby EigerMike » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:18 pm

well wellcome back and enjoy. not much going on here but of few of us check in every day! what part of oregon are you located?
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

springtuckyn

Postby springtuckyn » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:00 am

EigeMike,

I'm located/native to Springfield. Central part of town along I-5. I have 2500 miles on my bike, mostly offroad near the Willamette pass, or at the coast.

I really enjoyed viewing the riding "after" pics that were posted here. Have folks just sold their bikes/life/recession affecting this group? I look at machine prices (what with the Sportsman 1000 for like $11,500!?) and wonder how anyone could even buy one. They are amazing machines (been watching YouTube), but I hope it hasn't priced a lot of people out of the sport. Or are the UTV's more popular now? I've had some friends get hurt on the ATVs...maybe thats part of it.

hemingray

Postby hemingray » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:25 am

Yeah, many seem to have gone off and gotten new side by sides, new hobbies, had kids, lost interest, etc. etc. I haven't branched out much myself this last year, rode the same old areas and didn't figure new pix would be so exciting. And wintertime here severely curtails my riding - the allowable areas in the Tahoe NF are pretty much snowed in this year and I'm not much of a snow rider anyway, compared to EigerMike!

Please do feel free to post pix of your rides, would love to see some Oregon sights here!

You're right about the prices - the SxS prices are breathtaking - though the quads seem to be holding more steady.

Glad you're getting back into things. It's weird how life changes seem to separate people - but they do. Single to married, married to married with children, divorce, becoming empty nesters, etc. - each step changes things. "wtf, over." is right! :-)
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

springtuckyn

Postby springtuckyn » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:40 pm

hemingray,

Thanks for the feedback, now I don't feel so disconnected. Life changes do affect relationships... it sucks. I'm looking for way to find new ridin buddies so I can avoid buying my new woman a bike (no budget)... I'll try to post a link to one of our trips before it all imploded... our camera guy is one of the ones who has "moved on..."

:shock:

CHECK THIS OUT!

https://plus.google.com/photos/10601098 ... 4380515793

:shock:

EigerMike

Postby EigerMike » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:25 pm

man you guys know how to camp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and eat wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

springtuckyn

Postby springtuckyn » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:41 pm

Thanks,

January used to be super cool. This is the group that has fallen apart... Two of the guys built the cook wagon (8,000 lbs smoker with a used Denny's 5' grill in the middle for grillin). He enjoyed cooking and getting away. It was nice as we would each pay say $50 for 3 day weekend of breakfast/lunch/dinner/desserts and just had to hold a plate.LOL.

Anyhow we didn't get a lot of miles in on these weekends. The beer was nice and cold for sure.

hemingray

Postby hemingray » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:45 pm

Screw Meadow Lake, I'm coming to your camp!!! Holy mackerel, nice setup, campfire - everything! Nice!

Nice area, I bet that's really cool in summer too. Thanks for sharing all those pix, nice to see.

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

springtuckyn

Postby springtuckyn » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:12 pm

LOL, we lived large! you are welcome to come but I'm the only one left... I did trips like this before I had a bike... just had a tent and desire for fire!

...checkout/join this FB group I'm workin on... it would be great to have you guys in the mix to cross pollinate ideas and experiences.

Lane County ATV Riding Club - Oregon

I'm working on changing the name, but will post pics/etc there too...

Do you have a link for Meadow Lake? what's that like?

hemingray

Postby hemingray » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:21 am

Meadow Lake is an easy to reach spot that you can trailer/truck/RV into and launch several directions from there. It's also where the annual ATVObsession "Miyagi" weekend takes place, in honor of two fellows who are no longer with us, Terry and Chadd. So I'm being "funny" about vacating that experience for your BBQ wagon (even though I don't camp out, a bunch of the guys do). You can see a few pics from last year here and if you search for "Miyagi" in the Went Riding forum, you'll find a lot of pictures from past events.

It's usually a whole weekend, with a guided ride down the Fordyce Trail (famous 4x4 road) and a ride to the town of Washington for burgers and beer and a healthy dose of dust, followed by some kind of crazy night ride and then more Fordyce for the die-hards. There's always some kind of fun, like changing a CA Dept of Fish and Game warden's tire, waiting an hour for burgers, a back way to Washington that turns 30 miles into 66 miles, a 1 mile shortcut that is really 6 miles, night rides where some had to winch to get back on the trail and many more. If you don't do the crawling, there are many places to ride out and back to. It's a lot of fun.

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

springtuckyn

Postby springtuckyn » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:48 am

ok, yes I remember reading about this ride. Is a cool idea to put something like that together in memory of a buddy.

Rhino916
Wears Teal Eddie Bauer clothes

Postby Rhino916 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:55 pm

Hello All. I've been lurking for a couple weeks, just wanted to thank you guys for all this wonderful info. Found this forum while researching my last ride to the Bowman Lake area. Your posts helped out quite a bit.

I usually ride off the Highway 80 Corridor, up to Signal Peak from Indian Springs, Fordyce Lake and so on. I'm heading up this weekend to the Payne's Creek area, where I have a, er...cabin off Ponderosa Road. (Google Knass Spring) I'll post pics if I can to further introduce myself.

-Rhino

hemingray

Postby hemingray » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:42 am

Welcome aboard! Look forward to seeing pix from up that way, I've never ridden it - but hope to this year (yes EigerMike!).

Post in "Going for a Ride" if you're looking for folks who might want to go to the same area - you never know!

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

springtuckyn

Postby springtuckyn » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:48 am

This is a great site... =D>

EigerMike

Postby EigerMike » Mon May 04, 2015 9:40 pm

Rhino916 wrote:Hello All. I've been lurking for a couple weeks, just wanted to thank you guys for all this wonderful info. Found this forum while researching my last ride to the Bowman Lake area. Your posts helped out quite a bit.

I usually ride off the Highway 80 Corridor, up to Signal Peak from Indian Springs, Fordyce Lake and so on. I'm heading up this weekend to the Payne's Creek area, where I have a, er...cabin off Ponderosa Road. (Google Knass Spring) I'll post pics if I can to further introduce myself.

-Rhino
wellcome aboard! and where is this paynes creek area you speak of? :D
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017