A picture of my quad

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

TrailMonster
Wears Teal Eddie Bauer clothes

Postby TrailMonster » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:38 pm

:twisted: Hmm Bars through the head/chest hey I could start a new trend for peircings...In all truth's I use my own judgement and err on the side of caution, Knock on wood I still have not had a major accident, but I also spend lots of time offroading a 4x4 vehicle and I also drive for a living, If I feel unsafe about any situation I will err on the side of safety, That is my american right of freedom of chioce, Tim can Vouch on our excursions on how safe I am and how cautious I am. Hell he had to baby my A$$ down cadillac hill, and a few other spots, and I have never (knock on wood again) ticketed for nto wearing a helmet. I take life one day ata atime and you only live once, besides my philosohy is everyone dies, just a matter of when and how and that's up to the good LORD to decide. As for kids I have three of them and the oldest knows the rule. I am aware of the dangers of riding without a helmet, and life is full of dangers, evhas their own level of danger, mine might not be everyones favorite level, but that is what makes us all unique, and no I am not stupid either. Just voicing my Opinion wether it may be PC or not. enuff rambling... I am a really laid back cool dude and from what my kids say a good dad too, but sometimes I have to voice my opinion towards the crowd who sell out our freedoms, and let big brother baby us all. After all did Lewis and Clark have OSHA regulating some of what others would call stupid stuff ?? (I think not) but that's what made their experience adventurous and dangerous, do the crab fishermen wear harnesses while they work ?? do all of us wear helmets, firesuits, and neck gear when we drive our own cars on the dangerous freeways and country roads ?? and do we wear scuba gear when we take a shower or sit in the hot tub ?? you can still die wearing all of your safety gear and true, it lessens your chances of serious injury but so does being aware. :wink:
Run Like ur A$$ is on FIRE !!

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:05 pm

OMG.... you written a book..... lol. Just messin with you.....

I wear a full face helmet, g-string and chaps when I'm on the Rubicon Trail..... Cuz you just never know when Oldtrucks is gonna show up..... LMAO.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

BearCat
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby BearCat » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:14 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote: I wear a full face helmet, g-string and chaps when I'm on the Rubicon Trail..... Cuz you just never know when Oldtrucks is gonna show up..... LMAO.
Loosely translated what Miyagi is saying is..I Dont Give I Receive

BC
Polaris' don't leak oil...They Mark Territory!
[img]http://www.execulink.com/~jesten/header.jpg[/img]

Dennis
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Dennis » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:27 pm

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:34 pm

That was brutal BC...... Not exactly what I meant...... lol.

OK... Oldtrucks.....lol.

I know, BC -6, Miyagi - 0........ :shock:
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

BearCat
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby BearCat » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:54 pm

LMAO..Ok I admit that was kinda brutal, I apoligize. But I'm still taking the point LOL.....Chaps or no chaps, I'm glad you've got a sense of humor.

BC
Polaris' don't leak oil...They Mark Territory!
[img]http://www.execulink.com/~jesten/header.jpg[/img]

Tim W
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby Tim W » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:02 pm

Keeping score :mrgreen:

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:26 am

TrailMonster wrote:I am a really laid back cool dude and from what my kids say a good dad too, but sometimes I have to voice my opinion towards the crowd who sell out our freedoms, and let big brother baby us all. After all did Lewis and Clark have OSHA regulating some of what others would call stupid stuff ??

No offense....but I have 2 kids...and personally? I'm going to do whatever I can to ensure that I'm around as long as possible for my kids and strive to be the best role model.

Rebel...or whatever you want to call it....it's a $98 fine. We watched the ranger give a dad...riding double on a single seat quad. Dad had no helmet. The ranger gave him the choice....no helmet or double rider.

No...Lewis and Clark didn't have helmets....by that logic, cars shouldn't have seat belts or air bags, and NASCAR drivers should still be in jeans in t-shirts.

Just trying to convince you, so you hang around a long time.....

As for driving safely...We all drive safely...and the quad rolling happens in a second....you think you're ready....but when it happens....it happens fast...even at 5mph.

This is Chad (not Chadd). Chad is in the bowl near Loon. The quad rolled over backwards on top of him without warning. The group you see, ran to lift the quad off him.

Taking a break...after Terry rolled his quad on the Big Slab.

No photo...but my wife had to do a Superman off her quad going over the big rock in the Big Sluice Box.

Dusty, dives off his ATV going down Cadillac Hill..yes..he had a helmet.

Jack and Terry...nearly go over backwards on the Fordyce...Dusty races over to help

Dan....rolls his quad....jumps off....and nearly breaks his elbow.

Hitting a snowbank...I fly off my quad into the snow....my glass came off and are laying in the snow.

Going 1mph....I leaped off on the Fordyce near the Commmittee crossing.

Cody misses a turn.....breaks femur...life flighted. Yes..he's under the quad.

While going up a steep hill...I hit a rock, which stands my quad straight up in the air...before it falls backwards toward me...I roll out of the way and watch it land handlebar first.

Terry...on the Fordyce...in a seemingly flat place with no rocks...hits one just right and flies off his quad.

Jack, while backing up...hits a bush and leaps off as it rolls over.

And there's probably another 4 or 5...that I don't have pictures of.....the point is....No one in any of these pictures was careless or said "hey...I'm going to safely roll my quad today."

It just happens....and it happens FAST....even going slow.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:20 am

WOW, I did not realize how many different roll overs we have had through the years. . . makes you wonder. . . and again, if my mom is ever to see this site, i am screwed, shw will come into my garage when I am gone, slash all the tires on the quads, put sugar i the gas tanks and hide the keys. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:27 am

If you saw Mythbusters.....sugar in the tank didn't do jack. :wink:

Your mommy is in that much control? :)
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:33 am

well either my mom or staci, you choose. . .

I did not see that mythbusters. . . I take it they proved that myth wrong, did it actually help the car run?
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:26 am

If I remember, it did nothing.

Not to get sidetracked...ah...screw it. They replayed the Tailgate Up or Down experiment. Turns out...Tailgate UP, got 30 more miles per tank than tailgate down. They did a fluid dynamics test ....it seems the bed with tailgate up, creates a tumbling circle of air (who's seen a wrapper stay in the bed for a long time?). When the air comes over the top of the cab, it hits the tumbling air and goes over the gate. When you put the gate down, the air goes over the cab and down on the end of the truck bed, creating drag. Who knew...

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:50 am

I saw that one.... lol.

I think bleach ruined the engine..... That show is great.

Tim W
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby Tim W » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:52 pm

Ah the pictures bring back memories of the racing days. Heck during one race was approx 125 miles long. I was about 3/4 way through it, when I came across a big ravine. As I was jumping it and saw the landing area I knew this was going to hurt. I landed on the other side but ended up landing in the ruts of bikes. They were just right width for my tires. ie: I case landed...
One other race ended up rolling three different times. I even had my tire tracks arcoss my back.
So far I only laid the 600 over on its side a few times. And everytime was with helmet on..
The only damage to my quad as been to the right floor broad that broke on the frist trip I took it out on. It had to be on the Rubicon. :?
So I always wondered about the tailgate thing.

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:00 am

I love to go by trucks now and laugh as they think they are saving gas mileage by driving with the tail gate down. . . suckers. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .