You guys Missed a great ride Saturday

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

You guys Missed a great ride Saturday

Postby Ken » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:22 pm

Terry and I called Jack from the top of Signal Peak.

BASTARDS..I know. Terry and I had lunch at the top (almost 8,000 feet) over looking Interstate 80.

We ran up the tough side. Ate lunch...Ran down the Cisco Grove side. Rode 6 miles to some Lake we never saw...Rode back to bottom of hill, then shot over to Fordyce Dam. Checked out the water flow.

Then rode back up from 5,500 feet to 7,700 feet and back down. Gased up....The rode the Fordyce Creek Trail, across the river (it was headlight deep!!) and went about a mile.

43 Miles....Started at 10:30am and got to the car at 4:00.

Dusty...Where the hell were you?? Playing boat captain?

You missed a good one.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:27 pm

Hey...

I just checked Dream Flows. They were at 100CFS on Saturday. I'd say we could cross with the Quads up to maybe 120-150. I'd have to see it at 150 to cross. It was a LITTLE deeper than this.

It says: Expect 100 cfs until Wed Jul 28, then 25 cfs.

Terry and I saw 100 coming out of the spillway pipe...and it wasn't too much....so 25 is a trickle.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:09 am

That was an ass kicker of a ride.... AWESOME....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:43 pm

damn, sounds like a nice ride!

I take it going up and down like that really sux up some gas?

we are going to try out some 'new' spot her in florida, new to us that is, apparently a little secret, someone told me about the place, many miles of riding, but i have NOT seen this place posted on any of the florida boards, from what I gather it's a huge piece of private property (many miles) owned by some folks who also run a campground...but even thier website doesnt mention the atv riding, but when i called they said they did...so it'll be interesting to see....gonna camp tho, and it's been in the mid 90's lately down to low 80's at night....time to afro engineer a window AC unit!
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

ash2042
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby ash2042 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:09 am

Damn, after seeing the topic of this post I thought we were going to get a story from Miyagi about one of Dustys girlfriends.
04.5 Sportsman 500 HO
Warn 2.5 winch

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:05 am

lol..... I rode her when I got back....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:20 pm

ash2042 wrote:Damn, after seeing the topic of this post I thought we were going to get a story from Miyagi about one of Dustys girlfriends.

lol.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:21 pm

Thrasher wrote:I take it going up and down like that really sux up some gas?

DEFINITELY. We climbed about 3,000 feet (1500 ft twice). Burned about 5 gallons each.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Am Back

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:31 am

Well I am done playing boat captian and ready to go riding again. I am just having to make a decision to go Water Skiing, or go ATVing. . . to many fun things to do, so little time. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:55 am

Mr. Miyagi wrote:lol..... I rode her when I got back....

Here we go with the girl friend jokes. . .

By the way, my girl friend is a girl, not that sheep that you mistook for a human the other day in the woods.
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"