White Rock Lake

Now post your ride photos

Moderator: hemingray

popotim
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby popotim » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:05 pm

I went up there once and turned around. The National Geographic map list the trail you took as forest road #13E34. At that point it turns into horse trail 13E15. That whole area north of the Fordyce jeep trail to the south sides of French Lake and Faucherie and some distance to the west is some sort of wilderness area that I'm not sure of the name of. I have a friend who's family owns one of the 4 cabins just above Jackson Creek campground on the east side of Bowman just past the hairpin turn. I stay there some and he's there most of the summer. Most of my info is from him. His family has owned it for 30 years, and come hunting season, they are all there and know every inch of it. Next time your up there, there's a little trail that cuts off to the north about half way between Sawmill Lake and Faucherie and takes you to the waterfall coming into the east side of Faucherie. Kind of hard to find the trail head, but its a fun trail with and awesome view at the end. Sure you and your son would enjoy it.
sp 08 800, Polaris 3500 winch, 26 in. Mudlite XTR's, ATV-Guru front bumper, Ricochet skid plate, Stickstopper A-arm protectors, Garmin 60Cx gps.

sp 04.5 500 H.O. 25 in. Mudlite XTR's Stickstoppers.

traildad
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby traildad » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:14 pm

popotim wrote:I went up there once and turned around. The National Geographic map list the trail you took as forest road #13E34. At that point it turns into horse trail 13E15. That whole area north of the Fordyce jeep trail to the south sides of French Lake and Faucherie and some distance to the west is some sort of wilderness area that I'm not sure of the name of. I have a friend who's family owns one of the 4 cabins just above Jackson Creek campground on the east side of Bowman just past the hairpin turn. I stay there some and he's there most of the summer. Most of my info is from him. His family has owned it for 30 years, and come hunting season, they are all there and know every inch of it. Next time your up there, there's a little trail that cuts off to the north about half way between Sawmill Lake and Faucherie and takes you to the waterfall coming into the east side of Faucherie. Kind of hard to find the trail head, but its a fun trail with and awesome view at the end. Sure you and your son would enjoy it.
This link shows the "wilderness" area.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/tahoe/documents ... usemap.pdf

On the google earth map photo of my track it shows a little stub that "y" off towards Baltimore Lake. I turned back at the sign that says no vehicles. The "y" that goes farther down had no signs that I saw before I turned back.
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Mine
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Wife's
We love to go Trail Riding and "ATV Backpacking"

traildad

Postby traildad » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:17 pm

hemingray wrote:Great pictures all - especially the one with the clouds reflected in the lake. That's a framable picture! White Rock is definitely on my list to visit.

Dave
Thanks. I saw a pickup pull in a high mounted tent trailer to the "upper" camping area. The road to the back side of the lake is not as passable, but a 4x4 would work fine.

popotim
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby popotim » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:36 pm

Yea, my understanding is the road dead ends, and is used for horse trailers as the jump off point to the horse trail from there. Doubtful they would ever catch you down there, but my friend Brett says the sheriff copter comes over from time to time with a FLIR device and swoops on motorized vehicles mainly looking for pot growers, mainly in the spring. No telling what you found, maybe some trail Jonnie Apple seed used back in the day.
sp 08 800, Polaris 3500 winch, 26 in. Mudlite XTR's, ATV-Guru front bumper, Ricochet skid plate, Stickstopper A-arm protectors, Garmin 60Cx gps.

sp 04.5 500 H.O. 25 in. Mudlite XTR's Stickstoppers.

The Modfather
Is tracking a shipment right now

Re: White Rock Lake

Postby The Modfather » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:17 am

traildad wrote: The lake is beautiful.
Do you have a hi-res version of this one?

traildad

Re: White Rock Lake

Postby traildad » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:44 pm

The Modfather wrote: Do you have a hi-res version of this one?
Yes I took it with my 8mp Canon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/traildad/2777245250/

The Modfather

Postby The Modfather » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:18 pm

Badass! Thanks man!

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:36 am

Sweet! It's now my desktop.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

The Modfather

Postby The Modfather » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:45 am

Ken wrote:Sweet! It's now my desktop.
LOL Same here :mrgreen:

traildad

Postby traildad » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:26 pm