Camelbacks

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

Dennis
Is tracking a shipment right now

Camelbacks

Postby Dennis » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:08 pm

It's a major pain trying to drink with your helmet on. I bought my wife one for x-mas and I'm thinking of getting another one for me. I know there are a couple of different manufactures that produce these hydration bags. Who uses them and is there anything to stay away from. I bought my wife one with a 70 oz. bag. They also come with 50 and 100 oz. bags. I was thinking of getting the 100 oz. style for me. Any opinions one way or another?
05 Brute Force 750, 650, & 07 Wolverine 450

monty
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby monty » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:23 pm

i have two Camelbacks. one is the military Mule (100 oz.) and a larger military Transformer (101 oz). i bought the military ones because i hate the colors of the regular ones, and the military ones seem better made.

the smaller Mule would be a good one to wear on an atv. i like the larger Transformer for extended hikes because it has room for more stuff like a coat.

here is a pic of the Mule

monty
650i with stuff

oldtrucks
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby oldtrucks » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:53 am

Dennis I have a 100 oz Camelback I use. It may be standard issue now, but look for a bladder with the large fill opening. My original bladder had a smaller opening and it was a pain to load with ice, the new one is about the size of a coffee mug so filling and cleaning is a snap.
I say they're a must in the summer months, in the really cold the bite block and tube freezes. I'll have to check out the military models and see if they build them any tougher.
Larry (ATV Ansel)

Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

[url=http://www.offroadobsession.com/store]Offroad Obsession[/url]

[url=http://www.rallyontherocks.com]Rally on the Rocks![/url]

d2photo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby d2photo » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:01 am

Larry, The tubes on the mil spec camelbacks are wrapped in a neoprene sleeve to prevent freezing and the bite block is also redesigned to prevent this as well.

I know I really like the "Ambush" model that Ed had on the ride in Mina this past October.
D2
www.peta-atv.com

'06 650 V2 Cat (roll count - 3) (rides w/o roll - 40

"You may not be the solution, but you can ALWAYS be part of the problem. It's good to contribute where you can"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:11 pm

I use the 100 oz too.

No problems drinking with a full facemask...it's actually easier than a bottle.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/